The Village Cross.
The village and the castle are basically the creation of the de Courcys who retained their influence for several generations. In the 13th century the market place covered the area presently bounded by the High Street and St Andrews Road (well) with the Market Cross in its present position at the West end. Pictured above is the cross in modern times(left) and a postcard picture taken in 1905.(right).