Fairfield is one mile west of the village on the Road to Stringston. The present building incorporates a medieval house which was modelled by Elizabeth Verney and her successors in the late 16th and early 17th centuries, her ancestors having occupied the site since the 12th century. The house was altered again in the Georgian style by her descendant Sir John Acland in the18th century. The Verney chapel in St Andrews Church contains much family memorabelia, starting with William Verney, who died in 1333, and including his desendants the Palmers, Aclands and Acland Hoods. Fairfield is open to organised groups by arrangement.